Friday, May 1, 2009

Ethnography and the Recession: Part IV

I have written a few times about my observations, and those of others, of small signs that indicate how bad the economy really is. Finally, I have an observation that is positive. Perhaps it is a sign that the economy is starting to turn around.

I met a friend for cocktails last night. We wound up at the Four Seasons Hotel in San Francisco (He reads this blog, and he bought the “way too expensive” cocktails, so thanks). Anyway, the cocktail lounge was packed. Every table in the expansive space was taken. We stayed a couple of hours, and the crowd never diminished. It was almost like a fantasy land. Everyone in the place appeared so relaxed, like they didn’t have a care in the world.

I was excited to see this. Have you seen any positive signs of a turn in the economy?

No comments: