Monday, May 18, 2009

Cajun Country

Like many marketing researchers, business travel is a part of my life. A lot of people think business travel is glamorous and a real perk of the job. These are usually the people who don’t travel for business. After too many trips to New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and Seattle; the trips become mundane. And thanks to the un-customer friendly tactics of the airlines, air travel has become a necessary evil.

One of my recent trips took me off of my usual path. Thanks to my friends at TABASCO, I found myself on Avery Island, in the southwestern part of Louisiana, the heart of Cajun Country. If you haven’t been to Cajun Country, you should go. I felt like I had traveled back in time. This is a place where manners are still of utmost importance, the pace is gentle and relaxing, and you are greeted with a sincerely warm smile. Yet business gets done. This trip reminded me that business travel can be a real perk.

No comments: