Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Are you Chicago bound?

The annual MRA conference is fast approaching. It will be held the first week of June in downtown Chicago. While I am a bit biased (I sit on the national board of the MRA), this is the one industry conference I most look forward to. It draws a broad mix of end-clients, full service researchers, field services and panel companies.

The educational offerings are diverse, and help me earn the continuing education credits I need to maintain my PRC status. Every time I attend the annual conference, I bring back at least one new skill, perspective or tool that I use in my everyday research life. That one new learning that makes me a better researcher is worth the time and cost of the conference.

The networking opportunities are just as important as the educational offerings. It’s not about immediately gaining a new client. It is about making connections that will last a life time. It is about nurturing the relationship with our vendor partners. And in these challenging economic times, it gives me a chance to talk with my friendly competitors to share business management tips. I find my colleagues genuinely want to help this industry survive and thrive. There is a level of sharing that is unique to this industry.

Will I see you in Chicago?

No comments: