Tuesday, June 10, 2008

MRA Annual Conference

I just returned from the 2008 Marketing Research Association (MRA) annual conference in NYC. And while I am somewhat biased (I sit on the board of the MRA), I was extremely impressed by the caliber of this event. The MRA has grown to be the preeminent organization for marketing researchers. That is the reason I chose to get involved. Some highlights:

• There was a strong international presence – especially Europe, South America and India.
• The special “end users” track is attracting more and more end users.
• The vendor exhibit hall was always busy.
• The CEO/Owner sessions for research companies are extremely popular.
• The caliber of the keynote speakers was phenomenal, yet they were very candid in their discussions about marketing research within their organizations.
• There were ample opportunities to earn PRC contact hours.

The bar has been raised! I’m eager to see what the fall conference, in Las Vegas, holds in store.

No comments: