Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hello 2009!


Like many people, I’m glad to say “good bye 2008, hello 2009”. Not too many business people have good things to say about 2008. The more favorable things I am hearing is “we survived”, “it could have been worse”, and “it’s behind us”.

“It could have been worse” probably sums up my feelings. It wasn’t a great year for the company, but it wasn’t a disaster either. And we learned from the experience. We found more efficient ways to do things, we realized we had more fat in our overhead than needed, and we reignited the team spirit. I would like to thank our employees, clients, vendors, family and friends who helped us get through such a challenging year. I truly had the opportunity to work with an inspiring group of people in 2008.

But on to 2009… Fortunately, our first quarter is looking very good. At least for now, it feels like the old times. I hope this is a sign of good things to come for us, the research industry, and the U.S. economy. Maybe we can all forget about 2008 real soon.

No comments: